Thursday 13 October 2011

WAVES

So as I said before, I was going to tell you about my new Babyliss Waving Wand. It's similar to an ordinary curling tong, but the barrel is slightly flatter, not quite as spherical, which is great if you want loose, natural sort of waves, rather than corkscrew curls. 
Don't get me wrong, I do love curls, but waves are so much more low-maintenance. And you don't have to be to careful when using the wand. In fact, the messier the better, I reckon!



<< I know its not easy to tell, but you can sort of make out the shape of it! 




The easiest way to do it is to point it downwards like you'd do with a curling tong.




There are 5 different heat  >> settings, ranging from 155 - 200 degrees.
I usually use the highest heat (even though it's so bad for your hair) just because its quite thick and it's quicker to use on this setting. 


You do get a lovely (cough) black satiny heat-proof glove. I'd say when you get the hang of it, you wont need to use the glove anymore. 


Only downfall there is though, is that the power button is basically a click-on, click-off one... and a few times whilst I've been holding it, I've turned if off, which is slightly irritating.


I must admit, they stay in pretty damn well, and I wasn't even wearing hairspray!
An idea of the waves, from a walk in the woods yesterday! >>



Anywho, this is my latest look...








I better dash, I've got my 3 month eye check-up since I had them lasered. Super excited to know the final result! If they tell me I have x-ray vision, then y'know, its a bonus.


xo







2 comments:

  1. yeaaay, i found you in bloger, i hype you on lookb ook.nu . wanna follow each other? in bloger and lookbook?

    http://newsabesabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyped:)
    You're beautiful!
    www.soliumcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete